Chocolate Chip Biscotti
25 servings, ready in 40 minutes
Impress the judges in your home by following our exclusive video and recreating this delicious Biscotti recipe!
Are you making this recipe? Don't forget to use the hashtag #SplendaBakeOff
Makes: 25 cookies
- Preheat oven to 180°C fan/gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment and set aside.
- Beat the SPLENDA® Granulated, 3 eggs, and milk at medium speed of an electric mixer for 3 minutes or until mixture is smooth, fluffy and pale yellow in colour. Then beat in the vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, add the flour, baking powder and salt and stir until well combined. Carefully add the flour mixture to the egg mixture and fold together until well blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. The dough should be slightly sticky.
- Divide dough in half and shape each portion into a 20cm log. Place the logs on the prepared baking tray cookie sheet and flatten to 2cm thickness. If you find the dough sticks to your hands, sprinkle a little extra flour over the dough and then flatten with your hands.
- Bake for 20 minutes until puffed and golden brown; remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 165°C fan/gas mark 4.
- Leave the biscuits to cool on the baking tray for 10 minutes. Gently remove the baking parchment and cut each log diagonally into 2cm thick slices with a serrated knife. Place slices on a baking tray with the cut sides facing upwards. Bake for 6 minutes, turn slices over and bake 6 additional minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 3 large eggs
- 18g SPLENDA® Granulated
- 2 tbsp (30ml) Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp Salt
- 240g Plain Flour
- 1 tsp Baking powder
- 100g Unsweetened chocolate chips
|of which saturates||1.00g|
|of which sugars||0.00g|