Triple Berry Trifle
12 servings, ready in 40 minutes
As a dessert, a treat, or perhaps a birthday-cake replacement. Surprise your guests with this lovely Triple Berry Trifle!
Preparation time: 45min
Total time: 1h 55min
To make the cake:
- Preheat oven to 177°. Grease and flour an 22x12cm loaf pan.
- In a medium bowl sift flour, baking powder and salt until combined. In a separate large bowl whisk together yogurt, Splenda Granulated Sweetener, eggs and vanilla. Add in flour mixture and fold until just incorporated. Fold in oil until combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour to 1 hour and 10 minutes. If cake begins to brown too much, tent with foil after 50 minutes. Let cake cool in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool to room temperature, about 30 minutes. Cut cake into 2cm cubes and set aside.
To make the layers:
- In a medium bowl beat together yogurt and Splenda Granulated Sweetener. Fill bottom of trifle dish with a single layer of cake cubes. Spread 1/3 of yogurt mixture over cake cubes. Top with a thin layer of strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. Repeat process for a total of 3 layers, ending with a layer of berries. Chill until ready to serve.
- 195g all-purpose Flour
- 2 teaspoons Baking powder
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 245g nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 45g Splenda® Granulated Sweetener
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure Vanilla extract
- 125ml vegetable Oil
- For the layers:
- 980g nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon Splenda® Granulated Sweetener
- 250g hulled, sliced strawberries
- 125g Raspberries
- 190g Blueberries
|of which saturates||1.20g|
|of which sugars||7.80g|