6 servings, ready in 30 minutes
A twist on the classic coffee-flavoured Italian dessert, our GBBO-inspired Tiramisu uses Splenda in place of sugar for a healthier treat. It's sure to be a crowd pleaser.
Are you making this recipe? Don't forget to use the hashtag #SplendaBakeOff
Total Time: 30 minutes + fridge time
Sugar-free sponge fingers
- Preheat the oven to 170 ° C fan/gas mark 5.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Prepare a piping bag with a round tip (about 1cm wide).
- In a mixing bowl, sift together the plain flour and the baking powder and set aside.
- Separate the eggs and whisk the egg whites until they form peaks. Set these aside.
- Add together the egg yolks and 30g SPLENDA® and whisk together until light and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Gently fold into the egg yolk mixture the egg whites. When combined (it might take a couple of minutes), gently add the flour mixture and fold through until combined.
- Place the mixture into the piping bag and pipe biscuits onto the trays (about 5cm long).
- Bake in the oven for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Leave the biscuits to cool.
- While the sugar-free sponge fingers are cooling, whisk together the Quark, creme fraiche, 2 tbsp SPLENDA® and vanilla extract until smooth and creamy. Place in a bowl and pop in the fridge.
- Make your espresso and make sure it is cooling, ready in a bowl to dip the sugar-free sponge fingers into.
To assemble your tiramisu
- Dip the sugar-free sponge fingers on both sides into the coffee (the length of time depends on how strong you like the coffee flavour to be) and arrange them on the bottom of a lasagne dish or trifle bowl. You can also arrange the layers into individual bowls or glasses, depending on how you wish to serve them.
- Spread about 1/3 of the creamy filling on top. Repeat two more times, ending up with a layer of cream on top.
- Wrap the lasagne dish with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or preferably overnight.
- Dust with cocoa on top just before serving.
- 250g Quark
- 2 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated
- 150g Low fat creme fraiche
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 120ml Espresso or really strong coffee, cold
- Unsweetened cocoa powder to garnish
- Sugar-free Sponge Fingers
- 150g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 eggs
- 30g SPLENDA® Granulated
|of which saturates||3.70g|
|of which sugars||3.00g|