Lemon Yogurt Cake
12 servings, ready in 20 minutes
If you’re looking for a delicious, fresh, and light treat, this gluten-free Lemon Yogurt Cake made with Splenda® Granulated is exactly what you’re looking for!
- Preheat the oven to 175C° and line a round cake tin with baking parchment or grease heavily.
- With a mixer, blend together the oil, milk, lemon juice, sugar, and a pinch of salt. Add the flour and mix it all into a crumbly dough.
- Put the dough in the baking tray and press firmly into the bottom.
- Bake at 175C° until golden-brown (approximately 15 minutes). Set aside to cool down. Set the oven to 160C°.
- While the crust is cooling down, create the filling by combining the yogurt, eggs, lemon juice, cornstarch, and Splenda Granulated well. Do not use the lemon zest.
- Pour the filling over the cooled crust and bake for 35 minutes until the sides turn slightly golden-brown.
- Let the cake first cool down at room temperature and afterward in the refrigerator before slicing, and sprinkle with lemon zest as the finishing touch.
- For the crust:
- 135g of gluten free Flour
- 2 tbsp Splenda® Granulated
- 70g of extra virgin Olive oil
- 1 tsp of Lemon juice
- Pinch of Salt
- For the filling:
- 735g of low fat Greek Yogurt
- 2 eggs – room temperature
- 30ml of Lemon Juice
- 1 tsp of fresh lemon zest
- ½ tsp of Cornstarch or 1 tsp of Tapioca Flour
- 3 tbsp of Splenda® Granulated
|of which saturates||1.00g|
|of which sugars||2.40g|