Dorset Apple Cake
12 servings, ready in 25 minutes
An indulgent winter warmer; a sugar-free recipe for a warming Dorset Apple Cake made with SPLENDA® Stevia Crystal.
- Heat the oven to 180C/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm cake tin with baking parchment.
- Mix the flour, baking powder and cinnamon together in a large bowl. Add the cardamom now if using. Add the butter and rub into the flour using your fingers, until it resembles fine breadcrumbs. Combine the SPLENDA® Stevia. Beat in the egg followed by 6-8 tbsp of milk – add it gradually until you have a smooth, thick batter.
- Add the apples and sultanas (if using) and mix to combine. Transfer the batter to the prepared tin. Bake for 30-40 mins or until golden and a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the tin for 15 mins and then carefully turn out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- 115g Unsalted butter, diced and chilled, plus extra for the tin
- 225g Plain flour
- 2 tsp Baking powder
- 4 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 115g SPLENDA® Stevia Crystal
- 1 Large egg, beaten
- 6-8 tbsp Semi-skimmed milk
- 225g Bramley or Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and diced
- Pinch of salt
- 100g Sultanas (optional)
- 1 tsp Cardamom (optional)
|of which saturates||5.18g|
|of which sugars||2.90g|