18 servings, ready in 60 minutes
These dark and white chocolate biscottis will bring even more fun to your Halloween. Made with SPLENDA® Low-calorie Sweetener.
- Preheat oven to 180°C, and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa powder, and baking powder. In a separate bowl, use a hand mixer to beat egg and SPLENDA® Sweetener until light and fluffy. Add vanilla extract and mix until combined. Add in flour mixture, stirring until fully incorporated. Fold in half the dark chocolate.
- Transfer cookie dough to the prepared baking sheet, and using lightly oiled hands, shape into a long rectangle, 6cm wide and 2cm high. Bake at 180°F for 30 to 33 minutes, until the surface is very dry to the touch. Cool on baking sheet for 10 minutes, exactly.
- Transfer cooled cookie slab to a cutting board and using a sharp serrated knife, cut the rectangle into 1,5cm-thick strips. Place cookies back onto the baking sheet, cut-side-up. Bake at 180°F, flipping halfway through, for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- While cookies bake, melt white chocolate and transfer to a skinny drinking glass or container. When cookies have cooled completely dip each cookie 3/4’s into white chocolate. Set cookies back on the baking sheet and chill until chocolate hardens. Meanwhile, melt the remaining dark chocolate and transfer to a small zip-top bag. Snip off the corner and decorate chilled cookies with eyes and mouths to resemble ghosts
- 95g plain flour
- 30g unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 13g SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener
- 1 tsp Vanilla extract
- 30g dark chocolate, chopped, divided
- 85g white chocolate, chopped
|of which saturates||1.80g|
|of which sugars||4.30g|