Apple Pie Parcels
6 servings, ready in 40 minutes
The competition may be hotting up between the contestants but these GBBO-inspired warming Apple Pie Parcels have already won our vote.
Are you making this recipe? Don't forget to use the hashtag #SplendaBakeOff
- Peel and dice apples.
- Place the apples and SPLENDA® in a pan over medium-high heat. Add a splash of water and the cinnamon and continue to stir until the apple pieces are tender (about 15 minutes).
- Leave the apple mixture to cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 ° C fan / gas mark 6. Line a baking tray with baking parchment.
- Once the apple mixture is cold, unroll the dough from the packet until flat and then cut it into 6 equal pieces.
- Spoon the apple mixture onto each piece, sharing it equally between the 6 pieces of pastry. Brush a little of the egg wash around the edges of the pastry pieces.
- Fold each piece of pastry in half, creating a rectangle shape. Using a fork, press down the sides to seal the filling in.
- Brush the egg wash over the top of each pie then place them on a baking sheet. Using a knife, make slits in each pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4 sharp eating apples (like Granny Smith or Pink Lady)
- 1 1/2 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- Pinch salt
- 1 sheet pre-rolled puff pastry
- 1 Egg, beaten, (for an egg wash)
|of which saturates||4.30g|
|of which sugars||11.00g|