- 125g (4 1/2 oz) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener
- 125g (41/2 oz) low fat spread
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp skimmed milk
For the frosting:
- 200g tub low fat soft cheese
- 3 tbsp SPLENDA® Granulated Sweetener
- 3 tbsp icing sugar
- a few drops of food colouring
- sugar flowers to decorate
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 5/190ºC/fan 170ºC. Line a 12-hole bun tin with fairy cake cases.
- Sift the flour and baking powder into a bowl and stir in SPLENDA®. In another bowl, beat the low fat spread with an electric whisk until softened, and then gradually add the beaten egg, then the vanilla extract.
- Fold in the flour mixture using a metal spoon or plastic spatula; fold in the milk.
- Spoon into the cases and bake for 12–15 minutes or until lightly golden on top. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before removing from the tin.
- For the frosting, whisk the soft cheese, SPLENDA® and icing sugar and add the food colouring of your choice. Spread over the cooled cakes and decorate with sugar flowers.
The frosting can be replaced with reduced fat creme fraiche (15% fat) mixed with 1 tablespoon Splenda® Granulated. You can also replace strawberries with raspberries.