Tembleque Choco-Coco Recipe
8 servings, ready in 40 minutes
Originally, Tembleque is a Puerto Rican coconut dessert. On this version, however, SPLENDA brings a twist to the original recipe! Because who doesn't like chocolate, right?
Combine the coconut milk, salt, 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) of SPLENDA® Granulated, vanilla, and cinnamon sticks in a 4-6 L pan and simmer for 10 minutes.
Combine cornstarch and water in a small mixing bowl, stirring until dissolved.
Add the cornstarch mixture to the simmering coconut milk. Stir until well combined and a creamy consistency is reached. Divide the mixture into 2 bowls. Add unsweetened chocolate and the remaining 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA®Granulated to one half, mixing until well combined.
Pour or spoon the two mixtures into dessert glasses, alternating white and chocolate layers. Cover with cellophane, refrigerate overnight.
Garnish with shredded coconut, nuts or cinnamon sticks.
- 6x (410 mL) cans lite coconut milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1 1/2 cup (375 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 6 cinnamon sticks (plus additional for garnish)
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) cornstarch
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pre-melted unsweetened chocolate
- 1/3 cup (80 mL) SPLENDA® Granulated
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pre-melted unsweetened chocolate
- To Garnish: Coconut or Walnuts
|of which saturates||1.25g|