Orange Poppy Seed Cake
12 servings, ready in 1 hour
Enjoy this Orange Poppy Seed Cake recipe from the SPLENDA® Brand. Try it now with SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative, Granulated!
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 40 minutes plus 10 minutes standing time
Preheat oven to 180°C. Line a 9 cm × 19 cm loaf pan with parchment paper.
Beat cream cheese and ½ cup SPLENDA® Granulated together until smooth. Add eggs one at a time, beating well after the addition of each one. Add orange rind, ¼ cup orange juice, flour and poppy seeds.
Spoon mixture into pan. Bake for 40 minutes or until cooked. Remove from oven.
In separate bowl, combine remaining orange juice and SPLENDA® Granulated. Pour over cake.
Allow to stand for 10 minutes before turning out of the tin to cool.
- Any citrus fruit may be used.
- Poppy seeds are available from supermarkets.
- This cake can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
- The whole cake may be cut into 12 slices and frozen when cool.
- 125g light cream cheese
- 1 cup SPLENDA® Sugar Alternative, Granulated
- 3 eggs
- Grated rind of 2 oranges
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1½ cup self-raising flour
- 2 tbsp poppy seeds
|of which saturates||2.00g|
|of which sugars||1.00g|